Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Never knew how good I could feel!

Man I feel great! I really do! I haven't felt this good in a while. What do I think has made the difference??? Running. Monica and I started running a while ago, but it wasn't until recently that I began taking it serious. I've had to have my hospital admissions like every other CFer, but this past year has been different. I was admitted in July of '11 then again in February '12 and almost again a month ago. Not good!

I'm used to only be admitted every 2 years, maybe every year and a half. I have definitely noticed a shift in the progression of the disease in the past couple years. I've had to work way harder at keeping my numbers up and feeling good. Up until now, I haven't really felt like myself. It seems I had always been fighting being "sick." My numbers were like a roller coaster. After my admission in February I felt much better, but the numbers were still way down. Then last month my numbers were down again to 59% and I felt pretty crummy.  My most recent FEV1 was 61%. Which, by the way, I am not satisfied with.

I want to see mid 70's again! If I ever saw 80% I'd flip out!

I think I may be well on my way judging by how I feel. But, history shows that "feeling" doesn't always reflect in the numbers. Hopefully come November 26th those numbers will be at an all-time high for the past 6 years. The highest my FEV1 has been in the past 6 years was 74%. I'm shooting for 75%. :)

I'm signed up for two 5K races. One in October and another in November. My buddy and I are training 4 days a week for it. Let me tell you, it's no joke.Whoo buddy! My legs are feeling it and my lungs too!

Moral of this post: If you are wanting to be healthier and in better shape, run. You may not be able to run just yet, but everybody can walk. Start by walking for 30 minutes a day. That's simple. Pick a TV show you can do without and walk instead. It will pay off and before you know it you'll be setting new records for yourself in running! Get out there! As Nike says "Just Do It!" and as Ronnie says "GET MOVING!"

No comments:

Post a Comment