Total Pageviews

Friday, March 9, 2012

What's to come!!

What's up guys! I'm posting again!! I can just sense everyone's excitement! Monica said the blog is really boring right now and I need to post something again to keep everyone's interest. Let me just say we have been overwhelmed by the success of this thing so far! The number of people checking it out and commenting on facebook are crazy! Very cool indeed!

I figured I'd just give an idea of what's to come in the future, things I'm looking forward to posting someday. First, I want to get my treatment schedule on here. What meds I take and how often and what kinds of therapy I do and how often. Let me clarify one thing while I'm at it too, I am not in any way shape or form looking for sympathy or pity. Anything I post is to help educate people and to connect with the CF community. I am not one for pity parties. I don't like to whine or listen to whining, so please don't confuse anything I/we post on here as anything other than what it is. Just a post to educate, inform, and for people to enjoy! We want this blog to be as fun and crazy as we are!! WHOO-HOO!!!

I'd also like to post my PFT history. PFT's are Pulmonary Function Tests. These test measure the volume of air you can move in and out of your lungs. The main one we are concerned with as CFer's is the FEV1. This measures how much air you can forcefully blow out in 1 second. It directly correlates with how "blocked up" your lungs are with mucous. Over time with CF the lungs fill up more and more and the number drops. So, it's a way to track the progression of the disease and tell when it's time for a "tune-up" which is another thing I'd like to cover someday. Routine hospital admissions are called "tune-ups" by us CFer's.

Monica and I at some point will be going through IVF (in vitro fertilization), which we will post on here for all to follow our journey through! Which hopefully will result in some babies! :) So there's a lot to come here on A Walk in the Parks with 65 Roses!

Is there anything anyone would like to see posted?! Leave a comment and let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment