Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Heat, Chocolate Syrup & Help

Well it's Thursday again! That means it's time for our weekly Thankful Thursday post! Another week forever recorded in the history books of time? Did you record something awesome in those books this week? Hopefully it was an epic week for all! This time comes each week and we like to take time to think of things we can be thankful for. There's always something to be thankful for. Here's our lists:

Monica's List:

I am thankful for a furnace. Our furnace quit working yesterday and it was 57 degrees in our house. Luckily it was an easy fix and Jeremy was able to take care of it with the help of his dad. It made me realize just how thankful for our furnace I am. I know there are people out there without homes or heat, and I'm thankful we have both!


Jeremy's List:

I am thankful for chocolate syrup! I was thinking that this morning while making myself a glass of chocolate milk. Really, I was. I was thinking about how I would probably never drink milk if it weren't for Hershey's chocolate syrup. I go through around 2 maybe 3 family size bottles a week of Hershey's chocolate syrup a week (thank goodness for Costco too for selling it to me in bulk and cheap). I drink at least one 32 ounce glass of chocolate milk a day. I also use it on my cereal (it's a CF thing). Ok, maybe it's just a Jeremy thing. When I was growing up the doctors were always trying to give my parents tips on getting me to gain weight. One was to put chocolate syrup on stuff. So, to this day I still eat Cocoa Puffs, Golden Grahams and Cheerios with whole milk and a bunch of chocolate syrup. It's sooo good! Thankfully I don't have CFRD (Cystic Fibrosis Related Diabetes) or I'd be in BIG trouble! Maybe some day I'll post a picture of this goodness!

I'm thankful for helpful families! Monica and I are blessed with families that are always willing to help us. When we moved into our house, my parents brought pizza over and my dad helped me install our cabinets and stove. In August one year he climbed up into the crawl space of our house to help me install a ceiling fan. I thought he was going to have a heat stroke! Or cause water damage to our ceilings from sweating so much, lol! This past Tuesday, Monica's parents and grandma came over. My mother-in-law and Monica's grandma helped her do a ton more work on our babies bedding stuff. My father-in-law fixed a burner on our stove that the Fridgidaire guy said was a "model fault" that couldn't be fixed. He also helped me work on my blazer and get it to stop overheating, although today i think I found where it's leaking antifreeze from... bummer.  I'm very thankful for both our families and how much they have helped us over the years! They'll get plenty more opportunities when the twins get here too!

No comments:

Post a Comment