Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Crockpots & Quick Recoveries

Well, it's that time again to celebrate the things we're thankful for in life. Another week has been dedicated to the history books. Hopefully it was a week to be remembered for great things! Monica and I like to take this time every week to think of some things that we are thankful for in life. It's often a great reminder of just how incredibly blessed we are. So here's our lists:

Monica's List:

I am thankful for my crockpot! I love cooking with that thing and I really need to do it even more often! It's so easy and everything tends to come out nicely when I cook in it! I love coming home from work and smelling a tasty meal ready when I walk through the door. Tonight we are having a roast with carrots and potatoes, one of Jeremy's favorite meals. It makes me feel really good to cook him something I know he will really enjoy. I LOVE me some carrots cooked in roast juice! MMM!! Momma's getting hungry! ;)

I am thankful for the treadmill my parents gave us. It is an older one that my dad doesn't use anymore, but it does the job. I am no longer running and I try to get in walking time. Jeremy and I love to run/walk outside more than anything but with our unpredictable Missouri winters it is nearly impossible. It is very nice to have the option of a treadmill... although time creeps by on that thing! :) Nonetheless I am thankful!

I am thankful for 3D ultrasounds! We have both been thankful for ultrasounds in several past posts. It was so neat to be able to see one of our little boys precious faces this week at the ultrasound! Hopefully we will get a chance to see A's little face soon too but he tends to keep his back to us. Maybe he is more shy? ;) It's so hard to try and picture what your children are going to look like, but 3D ultrasounds give you a small sneak peak and I think that is just so cool!!

Jeremy's List:

This week I'm thankful for a quick recovery from being sick. I had what I think everyone is catching. It started with a few days of a sore throat, followed by sinus congestion and headaches, then drainage down the back of my throat and ended as a chest cold. I usually catch this every year, sometimes twice a year. I can always tell when it's coming because the back of my throat will feel tender and swollen the day before it really kicks in. It usually lasts for 2-3 weeks. This year it made its debut and finale in about 5 days! I am extremely thankful for this. I usually end up missing several days of work and end up on antibiotics (pills) or admitted and miss 2 weeks of work. Thankfully this time I only missed 2 days! I am really not wanting to use any of my time off so it can all be used for maternity leave. I am thankful I got it over with and hopeful that I'll remain sick free until next year!!

I'm thankful for a new vest machine on its way! The machine I have is the American Biosystems ThAIRapy Vest. I've had it since I was 10, making it 18 years old! The tubing is the original tubing and the vest I've had for a good 10 years. My tubing is currently held together by duct tape in one spot and my vest is missing the middle strap, lol. I've never bothered calling to have them replaced. A) because I wasn't sure who to call or how to go about getting it replaced (embarrassing to admit), and B) because I didn't want to end up paying out of pocket for it. I'm a cheap skate when it comes to certain things and just made do. I recently asked my CF clinic to send an application for the Respirtech InCourage Vest system. I know that several CFers use it, including the infamous Ronnie Sharpe and they all love it. While I was in New Orleans for the national respiratory conference I had the opportunity to go to the vendor hall several times and try out almost all the various vests on the market. The Respirtech InCourage system is the one I liked the best. Their vest works slightly different than others use a triangular waveform instead of a sine waveform to deliver the percussion and their data shows it is more effective. Incredibly long story cut short :), my new vest will be here tomorrow after I get off work, and the lady coming to drop it off and do the training happens to be a friend! I'm very thankful to have my new vest and put it to use!

That's all for this week! What are you all thankful for?! Leave comments! Have a great weekend everybody!

P.S. We're also thankful for all the support of our Indiegogo campaign! We're 42% funded! Please check it out and share it! Thanks!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment