Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Pregnant, Ultrasounds & Treatments

It's Thankful Thursday time again! Another exciting week recorded in the history books! There's plenty to be thankful for in life. Many things we often overlook. As you read our lists, ask yourself what you are thankful for. Then, post a comment sharing it with us! There's nothing too small or insignificant to be thankful for. Here's our lists!

Monica's list:

This one's pretty obvious.... I am thankful that I am pregnant!!!!!! You don't even know how amazing it feels for me to be able to type that! I am smiling just using those three simple words... I.AM.PREGNANT!! Ahhh... anyways! ;) I am so thankful for where God has brought us! Our IVF process was so smooth and at times even enjoyable! Yes there were times it wasn't so great, and the whole spending thousands of dollars thing kinda stinks, but it made it all that much more special! I also believe it was a bonding experience for Jeremy and I. Out of the 103 shots probably half of them were given to me by Jeremy. Every evening we would have our "shot date time." Ha! EVERY SINGLE time he would apologize that he was having to give me yet another shot and he looked so sweet and caring. He would thank me for going through all of the shots and procedures "because of him." (Which is never how I saw it!) I know without a shadow of a doubt it has brought us even closer than we already were and I just love him more everyday!

I am thankful for our almost 13 week old twins!! I would say out of everyone I was the most scared to have twins. We knew it was a good possibility with IVF so I had been bracing myself for it. It's one of those things where you never think it's going to happen to you though. I never would have imagined that someday I would be carrying two babies at one time! Sure there are things about it that make me nervous, but now I wouldn't have it any other way! Jeremy and I seem to see twins all the time now! We are so excited for the double blessing poured out and "two for the price of one" deal we got! Haha!

Jeremy's list:

I'm thankful for ultrasounds! I get so excited every time we get to go have one done. I can't wait to see how big our little miracles have gotten, to watch them move and to simply see them. It almost feels like I get to connect with them in some strange way when I see them. I just love it! Every time has been something different. I remember the first ultrasound, wondering if there would even be one baby to look at. We were in awe when she told us there were two and we got to hear both heartbeats at just 6 weeks old. Their yolk sacs were bigger than they were at that point. Then we saw them in their alien stage at 8 weeks. They had little arm and leg buds, and ginormous heads! At 10 weeks, they had developed elbows and knees and their heads didn't appear quite as big, lol. They were having a wiggle party in their momma's womb! (Absolutely love being able to refer to Monica as their momma!) They were moving those arms, kicking those legs, and wiggling. I can't wait to see what they look like and what they're doing next!

I'm thankful for the various ways of treating CF! I can remember as a kid, TOBI coming out, the vest coming out, and since then, newer, better ways of treating CF continue to come out! I'm very thankful for that. Not just for me but for my family. I will get to live longer, healthier and happier because of the medical breakthroughs in CF. I'm also excited for the younger CF generations. They have an even better chance at living longer, healthier lives than I do because they have all these resources and treatment options available to them from the beginning. That is EXCITING! If you are a younger CFer and reading this, know how fortunate you are. Educate yourself, do your treatments, exercise, take care of yourself. If I, at 28 years old, have a good shot at living to be 50 or older, how much longer will you be able to live with all these resources at hand! Treatments are my way to a healthier life, where I get to spend more time with my family and not be sick all the time!

So what are you thankful for today?! There's something out there to be thankful for! Find one and share it with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment