Total Pageviews

Monday, July 9, 2012

Thankful..... Monday: 1000 pageviews, Wifey & Awesome Summer

Hey guys! First off it's not Thursday so don't get excited thinking you only have one more day of work til the weekend. It's Monday, so you have 4 more. You're welcome for the reminder! Sadly, as some of you may have noticed and others not, Monica and I have missed the past 2 Thankful Thursday posts. :( BOOOO! There I did it for you. We were on vacation for a couple weeks and then getting back into the swing of things following a holiday. I know they're excuses and nothing more, but there's my sob story on my delinquency of not posting. I would like to get to posting several times a week.

So, I figured I would do a Thankful Monday while I'm sitting here doing my vest! Give you guys an extra dose of thankfulness this week!

First, I'm thankful for YOU! Anyone taking the time to read this post and check out our blog. There's a million other things you could be doing besides listening to me ramble on here. So, really, thank you for reading! We passed up the 1000 pageview mark!!! I'm really excited about that! I never thought people would read what I have to say that much, so thanks for your interest and support!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Man I love being a turtle! Wait, that was wrong, I'm thankful for my wife! Awww...... yea I'm a sap! In sunday school yesterday, the teacher was asking what our most prized possession was. All I could think of was my wife. She is truly a Godsend for me. She is my bestfriend. I feel like I could handle almost anything as long as she's by my side. I'd be lost without her.

I'm thankful for summer! I absolutely LOVE summertime! My buddy opens his pool, my grandma-in-law opens her pool, we go on vacation, it's hot out! What's not to love! It's proven that sunshine puts people in better moods. Lately here in St. Louis it's been upwards of 100 degrees for the past 2 weeks. Which if you live in New Mexico or Arizona, you may be thinking yeah so what. Here in the midwest we're running 100+ temps with 70-90% humidity baby! That's how we roll! haha! I for one don't mind it a bit! I hate being cold, so you will never once hear me complain about being in the heat, sweating or sitting in the sun. My buddy and his wife, Monica and I went to a St. Louis Cardinals game on Saturday. It was a 3:10 game, and the temp was 106. My buddy and I had separate seat from our wives. The tickets were all free so that's how it worked out. Our seats were bleacher seat right behind the bullpen, which meant direct sunlight! Within 5-10 minutes our shirts had visible signs of perspiration and our arms and heads looked like we had dunked them in water, lol! I know it's weird, but I was perfectly content! I told my buddy he would have to tell me when he wanted to move (our wives had seats open by them in the shade) because I don't mind the heat. We waited about 2 innings and then moved.

I'm thankful for Cardinal games! They are so much fun! St. Louis is a HUGE baseball town. Everybody really gets into the games, and they're a blast! If you ever want to go to a game where the fans have fun even when we're losing horribly, come watch the St. Louis Cardinals! Hopefully we'll make it 12 in '12 this year! That is winning 12 World Series Championships through 2012! Go CARDS!

So what are you thankful for?!!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment