Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Pools, Hard Heads & Explosives

Thankful Thursday is here! A chance to take a break from the grind of the week and reflect on things we can be thankful for! There's plenty to be thankful for. Everyone has SOMETHING they can be thankful for. If not I accept the challenge to find something for you. :) Some things are blessings in disguise. This week is a good example of that for me. So let's get on to the lists!

Monica's List:

Monica has a cake to do for this weekend and has been busy with the boys again. I promise she will resume Thankful Thursdays at some point. :)

Jeremy's List:

I'm thankful I know people with pools! Monica's grandma has an indoor pool and some friends of ours have an outdoor pool with the perfect deck for hanging out, grilling and entertaining! I love to swim and have found that it is a great way to get mucus up and out. When I say swimming, I mean we spend hours jumping into the pool, tackling each other into the pool, having biggest splash contests, flipping contests, and all sorts of things your average child would do! If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm a kid at heart. A tall, skinny, bald kid that is. :) Playing in a pool is a blast! I can't wait to get my boys swimming and jumping in with me!

I'm thankful for a hard head. I believe my skull to be made of granite or titanium. I've hit my head so many times in my life it's not funny. Ok, it is funny, but you know what I mean. I've only had two concussions that I know of, despite all kinds of whacks to my dome. This week I had yet another. It's one of those blessings in disguise deals. At Monica's grandma's pool, we like to jump off the diving board and hang from the rafters. If you get a bit of a lead at the board and a good spring off the end, you can jump high enough to grab the rafters. We all do it all the time. We'll monkey bar across them. Grab on with both hands and have somebody jump onto you and see how long you can hold yourself and them up before falling in the water. It's a common occurrence.

This past weekend we were swimming and I had grabbed it and hung a couple times already. I decided to do it one more time (mainly to show off to my buddy who couldn't grab it). I didn't get a solid grip on it and fell. I tried to swing myself over the water before losing my grip but failed. I landed on the concrete next to the pool. My left foot hit the diving board, knocking me more off balance before landing mainly on my right side/back. I bruised my right heel, scraped my right palm up pretty good, took a solid whack to my right shoulder blade and rib cage and bounced my melon off the concrete floor. I ended up with a minor laceration to my skull (which if you've ever had a lac to your skull, you know they bleed profusely and make it seem way worse than it actually is). It scared Monica and her grandma to death. I rolled into the pool to stand up after I fell and I guess they thought I had knocked myself out and fell in. Obviously I'm fine, but I am thankful the end result was not as bad as it could have been. I could have easily broken a wrist or ankle on the landing and could have given myself another concussion and needed stitches on my head. It was far better than it could have been and for that I'm thankful!

Lastly I'm thankful for sparkler bombs and fireworks! Sparkler bombs are a lot of fun to make and blow up! Kids DO NOT try to make these!!! They can seriously injure you if you don't know what you're doing! I'll try and put some videos up on my YouTube page of some we've made in the past. I love setting off fireworks too! This year my in-laws had some really cool ones to set off for the 4th of July.

Despite my minor injuries we had a great weekend!

So, what are you thankful for today?!

No comments:

Post a Comment