Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Healing ribs, Phase 3 & Spoiling sweethearts

It's Thankful Thursday time again! Time to take a few moments to be grateful for things in this life. They may be big, small, seemingly insignificant, but they all count. There are so many things we can be thankful for. Thankful for the invention of glasses, without which I wouldn't be able to see a foot in front of my face. So take a few minutes, read our lists and think about what you are thankful for! Then leave us a comment below telling us what you thought of! Let's get to it!

Monica's List:

Monica is still on a hiatus from blogging. The twins keep her pretty busy throughout the day while I'm at work. When she can get help during the day, she uses it doing laundry, dishes, cleaning, and showering, lol. That makes it sound like I do nothing to help, but I promise I do!

Jeremy's List:

I'm thankful for the body's ability to heal itself. Obviously this ability was given to us by God, our creator, but it's amazing when you think about it. The body itself truly is miraculous. So many things going on at once all working together to make the human body function. I found out Monday at my clinic appointment that I have no broken ribs (knew this already because it isn't excruciating pain). It's badly bruised with a lot of swelling across the front, side and back of my ribs. I've been taking Ibuprofen per the doctors recommendations to help with the swelling and hopefully make it heal quicker. It seems to be helping. I can cough a little harder now without doubling over from the pain or having to splint my side when I cough. I'm getting around a lot better and am no longer constantly uncomfortable. I'm hoping to go for a jog today! Looking forward to being back to 100%!

I'm thankful for research and trials! I have my appointment set up for my screening visit to see if I will for sure be in the Phase 3 trial for Ivacaftor and Lumacaftor. I'm very excited about this and hope I get in!!

I'm thankful for opportunities to spoil my sweetheart! I love getting the chance to make her feel extra special. I want to provide her with as many special moments as I can! This Saturday is her birthday!!! The big 2-4! I can't wait to celebrate it with her and make it extra special! She took the opportunity to get away with her dad, grandma and my dad today. Our dads were installing an air conditioner on her uncle's church and so Monica, the boys, and her grandma tagged along to visit with her uncle and his family. My wife is amazing! She takes such good care of the boys and is so patient with them! Not to mention all she does around the house. She gets up with them by herself at night now. By the time we put them to sleep and get ourselves ready and in bed, I'm lucky to get 6 hours (doesn't happen much) of sleep a night. I still get up at 5:00am for a set of treatments, do a set when I get home and have to do some kind of exercise in the evenings. As you can imagine that leaves only a few hours each night where I'm free. Only a few hours to help around the house, eat, shower, and spend time with the boys. It's pretty hectic from day to day. Our days are packed from sunrise til..... way past sunset, lol. Monica does A LOT! I'm so thankful for an incredible wife!

So, what are you thankful for today?!

No comments:

Post a Comment