Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

PFT Update & Pics of the boys

If you recall, my PFT's had dropped after the boys were born. Five weeks ago they were down 6%. The drop was due to a stop in exercise and lack of adhering to a twice a day treatment regime. I was put on cipro for 3 weeks to see if it would boost my PFT's. Go figure, the week before my clinic appointment I injured my ribs playing at the pool. I couldn't give a good effort on my PFT when I went back after the 3 weeks of cipro. My FEV1 was 59%, which was down 1% from where it was before the cipro. So after two weeks of letting my ribs heal, I went back yesterday for another set of PFT's.

Last week I was feeling very congested and like I may be having an exacerbation and need to be admitted. However, if this was the case, I would fail my screening appointment for the Phase 3 trial of ivacaftor and lumacaftor, which was today. SO, my doctors wanted to see me and possibly postpone my screening appointment so I could make sure to get into the study (barring nothing else causes me to fail the screen).

My FEV1 was 63%. A far cry from where I would like to be (>70%). It's up nonetheless. This means I should be good to go for my screening appointment today! Whoo-Hoo! Here's to getting into the study and getting the "real deal!"

I'll leave you with some pics of the boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment