Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Valentine's Edition

It's Thankful Thursday! Whoo-hoo! Another week down, and many, many more to go!! Our weeks have been jam packed lately, with wedding showers, baby showers, a bachelor and bachelorette party this weekend, dentist visits, Monica had two cake orders back to back weekends, coordinating a Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University class every Sunday and soon our multiples class! WHOO! It's been crazy busy! So it's nice to take the time every Thursday to sit down and reflect on things to be thankful for. When life gets busy, things get taken for granted. Since Thankful Thursday just so happens to fall on Valentine's Day this year, I thought we do a very special Valentine's Day edition! Here's what we're thankful for this Valentine's Day!

Monica's List:

I'm thankful for a mushy, romantic husband! He never ceases to make me feel special and loved! This morning I woke up to notes going down the hall that ended that in the kitchen saying, "Will you... Be... My..... Valentine?" He wrote me the sweetest note and he always manages to make me cry
(it may have been even worse this year with me being pregnant, haha). I love that he cares to make things special for me... yeah I'm pretty spoiled! :) I literally fall more in love with him every day... God has given me someone so special! I feel so blessed to have him as my partner in life!

I am thankful for Steak! :) I could never be a vegetarian, meat is just too delicious to me! We like to get nice steaks from Costco occasionally (when they are on sale or we have room in the grocery budget). They are so massive that we can share one! I must say my hubby fixes one of the best steaks I think I have ever had! We are fixing dinner together tonight instead of going out and steak is on the menu! Considering I have craved meat like crazy throughout my pregnancy... I am super excited for dinner!!

On a side note not related to Valentine's Day...
I am also thankful for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches this week!! Ha! I have eaten at least 2 1/2 of them this week and I will probably eat a few more! I guess they must be what I am craving?! At least peanut butter is high in protein and I am eating it on whole grain bread!  ;) Also, the boys have moved more in the past 2 days than they ever have!!! It is so exciting! I LOVE it! They literally moved ALL day long yesterday!! I just can't get enough and am soaking in every minute of it! I know they will be here soon and I am going to miss this special part of pregnancy!

Jeremy's List:

I'm thankful for chocolate covered strawberries! I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but I LOVE chocolate covered strawberries! It never fails that every year, my lovely wife makes me some. They are to die for! I woke up to a tray full in the fridge and a small tupperware container full to take to work today. My wife rocks!

I'm thankful for Valentine's Day. I'm a romantic guy and love doing romantic things for Monica! She really likes it, so of course I like to do anything that makes her smile and feel like the most special wife in the world! It's an excuse to go over the top and get crazy making a point to make her feel special! This year was regretably my lamest year yet, and she got me good this year surprising me with the strawberries. I like to get creative and think of ways to surprise her and show her how much I love her! It also reminds me of just how special our relationship is. I hear so many guys talk about how lame V-Day is and they don't do anything for their wives cause they've been married "x" number of years and if they do, it's only out of obligation. It's sad really. I know we have something amazing! It's been 3 and a half years and the "honeymoon phase" I heard so much about is still going strong and doesn't seem to be ending anytime soon! Maybe in 50 years or so. :)

I'm thankful for my wife! She gave me a reason to fight CF about 5 years ago. At that point I was done. I made my decision to let the disease run it's course. I was done with treatments, done with fighting a war I knew I'd lose eventually. I was ready to go to heaven and meet my sister Christa and meet Jesus! Then Monica came along. Well, she had been there my whole life, but we started talking. From the minute we started getting to know each other, I knew she was it! She is amazing! She's so incredible! We would talk for hours and not run out of things to say. She was all I thought about. She was the girl that I prayed for! My dream girl! Every feature, every personality trait, she was exactly who I had prayed God would send me. When we got serious she made me promise that I would fight this disease with everything I had. Promise that I would do everything in my power to be with her as long as I could. She didn't have to make me promise. I was already determined to live as long as I could so I could give her the absolute best life I could! To make all her dreams come true! As Bryan Adams says, "Everything I do, I do it for [her]!" I love my wife!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! So what are you thankful for on this very special Valentine's Day edition of Thankful Thursday?!

No comments:

Post a Comment