Total Pageviews

Monday, February 3, 2014

Video editing

I know this post has absolutely nothing to do with CF, and is pretty random. I've gotten the itch to make some more videos and thought I'd blog about it.

For the past few years I've gotten more and more into video editing. I've come to love it. I started doing it as the youth leader for our church youth group. We had a guy involved with our youth group who did videography for a living. The videos he could make were amazing! I'm mean awesome! He left and we had nobody to make the videos. So I started trying to, using Windows Movie Maker. I had to transfer video from my camera to the computer at our church (you had to watch the entire video as it put it on the computer) and then transfer it to a disc, put it on my computer at home and edit it. It would take hours upon hours to do. If you are familiar with video editing software, Windows Movie Maker is extremely outdated and very, very basic.

I graduated to Adobe Premiere Pro, which I opened several times and closed right away because of the intimidation of it. There were so many different options just to start a project. It took me months before ever deciding to try and start a project. I finally got the hang of it. It's really pretty easy to use once you get going and understand more about video formats, sizes, etc.

Recently my Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 quit working on me. It got to where the program wouldn't open. It was my church's and they let me install it on my computer. I'm guessing Adobe recognized it had been installed twice and shut mine down. That's all I can come up with. I spent a couple months on a sweet video from a trip to the lake with Monica's family and lost it all... so sad.

Lately I've been shooting a lot of video with my GoPro. If you've never heard of them, check them out. They're pretty sweet! I've been using their free editing software. It works really well if you have GoPro video, but won't let you edit any other video.

If there's anybody out there who recommends a good video editing software, I'd love to know what it is. I love Adobe Premiere Pro, but it runs about $700. Can't afford that!!

Here's a video I posted last week. It's one I shot with my GoPro and edited with their software. Enjoy! It's best to watch it on YouTube and make sure and change it to 1080p by clicking the "star" looking icon in the bottom right corner.




No comments:

Post a Comment