Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The BIG Exciting News

Wondering what it is???

Back in January I posted a facebook status that said something like "received some awesome news, couldn't be more excited." I got a ton of likes and comments wanting to know what the BIG news was. Some thought Monica and I were pregnant again (not true). I think it was driving some folks crazy, judging by the comments I was getting, haha. I didn't know if was at liberty to say what the news was or not. However, I just got the OK yesterday to go ahead and spill the beans.

I got accepted into the CFit program. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's a 3 month fitness and nutritional program for people with Cystic Fibrosis. It was advertised and launched through the website CysticLife. CysticLife is a social media website where people with CF can connect. Ronnie Sharpe (fellow CFer, author of Run Sickboy Run and Co-founder of CysticLife) along with Julie Desch (fellow CFer, MD, and author of Sick and Happy) started the CFit program last year. I was completely unaware of it, until this year when I applied and got in. I have no idea how I didn't know, but it's amazing!

As I said, it's a 3 month program. I have weekly meetings with my coach, Ronnie (yes I get to talk to the Ronnie Sharpe on a weekly basis, be jealous fellow CFers)! Lol! Ronnie gives me a goal sheet for the week, outlining what I'm supposed to do. Currently I'm drinking less soda (it's rough, I have Dr. Pepper flowing through my veins... well I used to), drinking more water (also rough, it's so bland, lol), and eating veggies, along with lifting 3 days a week and running 3 days a week. Ronnie gives me a complete workout routine. They tailor everything to fit each individual specifically. Basically he does all the thinking for me. All I have to do is work hard and meet my goals! It's awesome having a coach! I have somebody holding me accountable and helping me along the way.

The best part of the program is that it's not just a fitness program. It's a program that is designed to help you become healthier overall. In Ronnie's words, "Be the best version of yourself." They help with nutrition and living a healthier lifestyle in addition to fitness. They saw some pretty awesome results from last year's CFit program and hopefully this year our group will have even better results! I'm extremely excited, grateful, humbled, etc. that I was accepted!

So far it's been awesome! We're only on week 3 and I feel great! I can't wait to see what kind of shape I'll be in at the end of 3 months!!! Hopefully I'll be so huge I'll have to buy new clothes! ;)

I'll keep you posted on my progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment