Total Pageviews

Monday, February 24, 2014

Feeling the Sweet Pain of Success!

I started a pretty intense workout regime 2 weeks ago today. I'm doing 3 days of lifting via P90X lifting DVD's and 3 days of running, training for a 10K. It's pretty intense. Going to 6 days of exercising a week from 0 days is a kick in the butt! It hurts so good!!! :) I'm doing this for the next 3 months. I'm super pumped to see what kind of results I get. I'm also changing my diet. I'll be eating healthier and trying to maximize my workout with my diet as well. Time to get my PFT's up, get in shape and get ripped!

It was pretty hard to go workout the first two weeks. I had to force myself to push play and give it all I had. It's one thing to go downstairs and start the DVD. It's another thing entirely to give it all you have when it hurts and your body is screaming to stop. I think the mental aspect of exercising is by far the toughest. My mind starts telling me to quit before I hit my maximum number of reps in any exercise. When it starts to hurt/get hard is when most people stop. Gotta push through it to get results!

So far it's going good! It feels great to be running and lifting again (despite the hurting muscles)! In a weird way I enjoy the hurting. I know it's kind of sick, but I like it! After I workout, I think to myself, "I wonder how bad I'm gonna hurt tomorrow and the next day?" I almost get excited to see how sore I can get, lol! It's a great feeling not being able to walk right or having to literally roll out of bed! I'll keep you all posted. I took some pre-measurements of my biceps, thighs, weight, etc. that I'll post at the end of these 3 months with my new measurements.

The goal of this is that by the end of 3 months it'll become more of a habit and I can keep working out. I've always struggled with keeping motivation. I'll workout for a month or so and gradually fizzle out. Life gets busy. It's easy to skip a day here or there and next thing you know, it's been a week, then 2 and 3 since you've exercised. I want that to end, and I'm extremely grateful that I have someone holding me accountable and helping me through this!!

I can't wait to post the results in 3 months! I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment