Total Pageviews

Friday, September 6, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Time with the boys, Handyman & ....

It's Thankful Thursday everybody!!!! Seems like the weeks fly by. I'll be sitting at the computer and think, "Oh snap, is it Thursday already? I gotta do a Thankful Thursday post!" Then I'm always ridden with guilt over the fact that another week has gone by and I haven't posted on a daily basis like I want to. Oh well, this week is gone and there's nothing I can do about it now. It's time to write out a few things we're thankful for! I think it's good to take a step back, observe your life from a distance and notice all the blessings we so easily overlook. So on to this week's Thankful Thursday lists!

Monica's List:

To be added.... (she went back to work and has been working full time hours the past two weeks) The boys still wake up twice throughout the night. Needless to say, she's been pretty whooped.

Jeremy's List:

I'm thankful for time with my boys. I work 8 hour shifts at work, which means I work 5 days a week. Lately, my days off have been used for study visits, speaking engagements, youth group outings or other obligations. I have yet to have a real day off with absolutely nothing to do (aside from housework and running normal, day-to-day errands). Today I finally had one of those days! I was able to wake up with my boys, feed them, play with them and enjoy them for the day! I absolutely love these days! Thankfully they usually wake up one at a time, so it's easy to give one their reflux medicine, feed them, burp them, get them changed, etc. before the other wakes up. Then it's play time! They're a week shy of being 5 months old and they get more and more active and vocal every day! Jeriah has recently started growling. He growls at his blankets or anything else he's trying to chew on, and will growl for no reason. His growl is so funny! It almost sounds evil. It's a very low, almost sinister growl, but it's cute and hilarious! Jace has been getting so vocal! He will make all kinds of sounds. Quite often he will let out a squeal or yell as loud as he can and hold it out until he runs out of breath, lol!  Anywho, I'm thankful for time with my boys!

I'm thankful for a handyman of a father! A couple weeks ago our bathroom faucet handle blew up and sent water spraying to the ceiling while I was at work and Monica was at home with the boys by herself. It was a pretty funny phone call to get (after I made sure everything was ok). To hear Monica describe the "Old Faithful" type geyser that was coming from our bathroom sink was comical to say the least. Thankfully there was no water damage and no one got hurt. Today my dad installed our new faucet! We took forever to go get a new one and finally got one bought and put in. It's really spiffy and I like it! I always get really excited when we add anything new to our home, even if it's just a bathroom faucet!

So what are you thankful for this week?!

No comments:

Post a Comment