Total Pageviews

Monday, March 4, 2013

Twin Update: 32 Weeks

We had our ultrasound today! It went really really well! My sister-in-law, who is 15, played hookie from school so she could go to one of our ultrasounds. Just about everyone else has been to one, lol. They took the usual measurements, and checked their growth. At the last visit, Baby A weighed 2 lbs 8 oz and Baby B weighed 2 lbs. 13 oz. It was an 11% difference. This time Baby A weighed 3lbs 12oz and Baby B weighed 3 lbs 13 oz! There's only a 1% difference now! This was great news! They're both growing and developing like they should and now both pretty much the same size!

One little bit of sad news is that Baby B flipped at some point and is now breech. Monica's doctor told her there's around a 90% chance that how they are now is how they will stay. At the time we thought they were both still head down. Sometime in the last 4 weeks, B flipped. Unless in some crazy way he flips again, Monica will have to have a c-section. Some doctors will let women have the first if it is head down and try to flip the second in the womb so the mother can have vaginal deliveries. Our OB does not like to do that because of the risk of having to do an emergent c-section. Then you've have to recover from having a c-section and a vaginal delivery. We have been preparing ourselves for this. It's not a huge surprise as it's very common with twins.

We found out what goes on in fetal monitoring too. This week was the first time we have had this done. Monica has to go back once a week for monitoring now until they arrive. They strap doppler monitors on Monica's belly that look like hockey pucks over where the boys heartbeats are. The boys each had to pass a test. They're heart rates had to go up by 15-20 beats per minute and stay there for a run of 15 beats. This lets them know that the connections between the babies placenta, umbilical cord, heart and brain are all working as they should. The babies are just like adults, in that when they are moving their heart rates go up. They are also looking for variability in the heart rates. They should be constantly moving up and down, faster and slower.

It was pretty funny because at first they were both kinda chillin. Neither was moving much. Then B started wiggling and hitting the doppler (it's kinda become his thing, lol). When they would hit it, it made a bunch of loud noise. There were times when both boys were hitting it simultaneously and there was all kinds of racket coming from our corner of the room! It was hilarious! Baby B passed his test right away, within 5 minutes or so of being on the monitor. Baby A took a little longer but passed pretty quick too. There was one other lady in the room being monitored and she finished about the same time as us but had been there since we walked in. They told us it could take as long as 45 min to an hour. It took 20 minutes. That's my boys! Passing their tests with flying colors!

Overall it was a great appointment and everything is going great! 5 weeks and 4 days at the most until our two awesome boys are in our arms! Now we're off to my clinic appointment. Hopefully I'll post some good numbers!

Here's the pics! The first shows Baby A's little fat rolls on his back. The second how's Baby A's hair, and the third is just a profile of Baby B. They're getting more and more cramped in there, so 3D pictures are getting harder to get.


  1. Wow! You guys are doing great, and the boys pictures are so cute! I can't wait to "meet" them soon!

    1. Thanks! They are growing great and doing Awesome! Our little show offs!! ;) We can't wait to show them off to everyone!