Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Pineapple, Smooth Pregnancy & Being Prepared

Here we go... you know what time it is..... time to get our thankful on! It's Thankful Thursday! Another week forever recorded in the history books of time! Let's all sit and reflect on some of the many things in our lives we are blessed with shall we?! Here's the result of our reflection this week, our lists!

Monica's list:

I am thankful for pineapple! I guess you could say pineapple is one of the things I'm craving right now. It seems like I can't get enough of it! I would eat it every single day if we always had it. Thankfully the pineapples have been really ripe and sweet lately too, so that's good! It's such a bummer when you buy fruit and it's not very good!

I am thankful for an easy and non-scary pregnancy. As Jeremy mentioned, I am almost 36 weeks with the boys. It's really uncommon to get this far into a twin pregnancy without a single problem or hiccup. From the minute we got pregnant not one thing has gone wrong or even been "worrying" or "scary". I am so thankful for that!! Every time they take my blood pressure they say it is perfect, I haven't had any swelling (which in itself is crazy considering I'm carrying around 35 extra lbs my body isn't used to!!), the boys are growing perfectly and very closely to each other, and I'm still working. When we first found out we were pregnant with twins I don't know that either of us thought I would carry them this long or be so problem free! Obviously this was what we hoped and prayed for but pregnancies with multiples are just more high risk. God has truly blessed us and I can't wait to see all the other blessings he has in store for us! He is Great!!

Jeremy's list:

I'm thankful for my Neti pot! Out of nowhere I got the sniffles and sinus congestion a few days ago. I had been feeling great! I've been fighting it for a few days now. Usually I get this same thing twice a year as you've heard me say dozens of times and it usually lasts 3-4 weeks and ends in either oral antibiotics or an admission. The last two times it has ended in 5 days or so and not lasted! I count it as a blessing! I think my Neti Pot helped too. :) I got one after feeling so congested last time (several months ago) my forehead was throbbing. I was rinsing once to twice a day and it cleared up in no time. So this go around I started rinsing again when I noticed it and it hasn't really been progressing. It's only been about 3 days and it seems to be improving. I also live on DayQuil and Tylenol Severe Cold & Flu to help with the congestion. I'm thankful for my Neti Pot!

I'm thankful for preparedness! For some reason I have this innate need to always be prepared. I'm not like those people on that one show who stockpile food and water and have bomb shelters. When we're going on trips or doing something big I make lists and try to think of anything and everything that could happen or we may run into so we can prepare for it. When it came to our boys, I wanted to make sure by the time they got here we could be as prepared as possible! We'll never fully be prepared as these will be our first children and so we don't fully know what all is coming until we experience it. BUT, the nursery is done and ready (minus a few wall hangings that need to be put up), all the clothes have been de-tagged, washed and hung up or put in the dresser, and our bags are packed. Everything has it's place and is organized. We have our plan of attack! :) Bring on the sleepless nights, poopy diapers, and hours spent staring at our beautiful creations! I think we're as prepared as we can be! Now to wait 18 more days!!!

What are you thankful for this week?!

No comments:

Post a Comment