Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Thankful Thursday: House, Hero's & Weather

It's Thankful Thursday everybody!!!! Another week has passed us by and is recorded in the history books of time. It's the perfect time to reflect on this past week or our lives in general and pick out some things we can be grateful for! There's always something we can be thankful for! So here we go, our Thankful Thursday lists:

Monica's List:

I'm thankful for nights out with friends! Tonight, Jeremy is going to stay home and watch the boys (with help from his parents) while I go out with a couple of my girls! I only get to see these girls every few weeks if that. So, I'm always excited to see them and can't wait to catch up and laugh... A LOT! We always have a blast and I really enjoy spending time with them!

I'm thankful for nice weather! The weather lately has been beautiful! Yesterday I was doing some cleaning around the house. It was so nice out, I turned the AC off and opened the windows. I was cleaning some stuff outside, so I had the boys in their jumpers on the front porch (if you could call it a porch). They were happy as could be, jumping and watching all the cars drive by! A neighbor of ours who we rarely see or talk to saw us and came over to chat. It was nice talking to her and she just went on and on about how cute the boys were! It was great getting to be outside, as I grew up spending a lot of time outside and love the outdoors!

Jeremy's List:

I'm thankful for beautiful weather! It's been a bit chilly on the drives into work, but it's been amazing when I leave! It makes me so much more anxious to get the work day over with, seeing how nice it looks outside! It's been awesome out! I like this time of year!

I'm thankful for a clean house! Yesterday when I came home from work, Monica had cleaned every square inch of the house! It looks AMAZING! She put out our fall decorations (most of them I didn't know we had) and had cleaned everything.... even the trash can! Our house looks awesome and festive!

I'm thankful for getting to meet cool people at my job. Working as a respiratory therapist in a hospital you meet new people every day. Mostly patients, as you get new ones every day. They often have me precept new employees or students at work. This week I had the opportunity of meeting a really cool guy who was a respiratory student. He was my age and an army vet. He had been hit by 3 IED's and fell off the roof of a 2-story building during a spec-ops mission!  He obviously got injured but finished out his 15 month tour and 4 year contract, before leaving the army with 100% disability and his GI pay (both of which he completely earned in my opinion after hearing about just some of the stuff he went through). This is the part that makes this guy so cool and a true hero in my opinion. He donates 100% of his disability money to the Wounded Warriors Project!!! He told me he has virtually no family and doesn't need the money. One of the reasons he donates to the Wounded Warrior Project is because this past weekend 5 soldiers died in combat overseas. Because of the government shutdown, the gov't won't pay to ship the bodies of these young men back home, nor will they pay for any funeral arrangements. That's where the Wounded Warrior Project steps in and is paying for it all. I have a new found respect for the Wounded Warrior Project and feel honored to have met a true hero of our country!

(On a side note, if you know who I'm speaking of, please don't say anything to him about this. He's the kind of guy who doesn't like to get credit for his good deeds. Even though he deserves some!)

So, what are you thankful for this week?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment