Last week I was feeling very congested and like I may be having an exacerbation and need to be admitted. However, if this was the case, I would fail my screening appointment for the Phase 3 trial of ivacaftor and lumacaftor, which was today. SO, my doctors wanted to see me and possibly postpone my screening appointment so I could make sure to get into the study (barring nothing else causes me to fail the screen).
My FEV1 was 63%. A far cry from where I would like to be (>70%). It's up nonetheless. This means I should be good to go for my screening appointment today! Whoo-Hoo! Here's to getting into the study and getting the "real deal!"
I'll leave you with some pics of the boys!