Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Payoffs, Energy & Clothes Folding Parties

What up y'all! It's that crack-a-lackin time of the week again! Time to hit the virtual "pause" button on our lives, "take a knee," and reflect on things we can be grateful for. I personally love that we started doing this post! It's the one post we always make sure to do. It's good to always be looking on the bright side and stay positive and this is one of the ways I like to do that! Another week down, recorded in the history books.  Here we go, our lists:

Monica's List:

Coming soon...

Jeremy's List

I'm thankful for seeing that my hard work is paying off! For almost 6 months now I've been doing two treatment sets a day. I get up at 5:00am to do one set before I go to work and do another set as soon as I get home. At first it was hard! I hate getting up early, and getting up 45 minutes earlier than I previously was took some getting used to. Plenty of times I wanted to sleep in. I can't tell you how many times I told myself, "You can skip tomorrow morning" and gave myself an excuse as to why it would be justified. However, I am proud to say I never gave in and always got up. Now it has become routine. I don't even think about. I get up at 5:00am everyday and don't second guess it at all. It is paying off. It wasn't too long ago that my FEV1 hit an all time low of 53%. Last week it was at 66%. It has been slowly but steadily creeping back up. I'm extremely thankful for that!

I'm thankful for energy! Monica and I seem to have a never ending supply lately! I don't know where it is coming from but I like it! We have been going non-stop lately. There are so many things going on right now. Every evening has something that keeps us busy. We've hardly had time to just relax on the couch together and feel my boys moving. This week it has been getting the nursery ready. Monica had another baby shower on Sunday and we got a lot of really great things! We washed all the babies clothes, blankets and anything else that could be washed. I guessed that we would have maybe 2 loads. I was way off. We had 5 full loads of laundry!! I packed that washing machine full too, lol! I'm thankful we have so much already for our boys when they get here. Our nursery is put together now too. We just need to put some finishing touches on it and it'll be finished! Monica is 34 weeks pregnant (tomorrow) with our boys and is still working and going strong! I'm thankful we've both had so much energy lately!

I'm thankful for my parents! They came by Tuesday to drop some stuff off (I think it was just an excuse to come over and visit). We had just finished washing all the clothes, blankets, and everything else that needed to be washed and had it mounded in the middle of the nursery. We were showing them the nursery and talking. Next thing I know, my mom is in the nursery folding things. We ended up having a folding party! We got everything folded, separated by size, organized and put away. It only took a little over an hour with 4 of us. It would have taken much longer with just Monica and I. I'm thankful for another thing checked off the to-do list!

No comments:

Post a Comment