Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Pre-pregnancy skin & Playing inside the womb

Hey everyone! It's Thursday and you all know what that means! One more day of work and we're to the weekend! AND it's time to reflect on things we're thankful for in our lives! See, it's such a great day! Another week in the history books. Monica and I love taking this time each week to point out blessings, often those in disguise, that we can be thankful for. Enough babble from me, here's our lists:

Monica's List:

I'm thankful for my pre-pregnancy skin. How often is it that we really realize the little blessings in life?!! Not often enough! :) I never would have thought to be thankful for my skin... until I got a terrible pregnancy rash called PUPPS. I've never really given my skin a second thought, but I know there are others who suffer with severe skin conditions every single day of their lives. So I have to put up with PUPPS and it's effects on my skin? Can I handle it?! Heck yes I can! What doesn't kill you makes you stronger right?! :)

I am thankful for such an understanding husband! He never ceases to amaze me! He has been doing a lot of stuff  around the house, on top of everything else he has on his plate. I appreciate him so much! I can tell that he loves me and sacrifices a lot for me! From little things like.... rubbing the steroid cream on my itchy feet...  telling me I'm beautiful even when I know I'm really not looking my best... and sympathizing the pain I've been in. I think I just may keep him!! :)

I am SO thankful for our active little boys! I know I've said this a million times but they move NONSTOP... like every minute of the day! And it's so strong! It's like I can feel body parts now and my whole belly will just shift and move. Who knows what they are doing in there!? Haha! It is the most adorable thing! I have been brought to tears twice this week from their movements. It's like we are getting to spend time together already and I feel so close to them. I don't even know how to describe it right though. I guess it's one of those things where there are just are no words to describe it? Love doesn't even seem like a strong enough word.

Jeremy's List:

I'm thankful for craigslist and Dave Ramsey. I recently began coordinating a Financial Peace University class at our church. We're 4 weeks in and have 5 more to go. Last weeks video was on dumping debt. I love it! It was my favorite chapter of Dave's book, The Total Money Makeover, and so far my favorite video of the series. Dave is a very passionate fella. He has his ways of motivating you. After last weeks video it helped give me that extra push I have been needing. Monica and I have been on the fast track to being debt free since we got married. I know I've listed our stats before, but we've paid off a lot of debt. We recently had to take on more after going through IVF and having a very nice 4 door car fall in our laps at an awesome price. I've been stressing a little because we were so close to being debt free. $3,700 on a school loan close! After the class this week I came home and found anything and everything we could sell and put it on craigslist. I have 12 ads on there right now including our Toyota Solara. My goal is to make $400-500 to put straight towards our IVF debt. So I'm thankful for Dave Ramsey and Craigslist!

I'm thankful I've gotten to feel my boys move so much! I know I've used this a lot, but it never gets old! The past two nights, I chased both boys feet all over the top of Monica's stomach. It's like a little game we play now. They will be kicking and moving their feet, and you can see it! So I put my fingertips on their feet. It's so funny, cause for a little while they will stop moving them all over, keep them where my fingers are and wiggle them around, push and kick my fingers. When they start moving them around again I follow them and keep mt fingertip lightly pressed against their feet. It's the most incredible thing ever. Sometimes we'll just sit there with my fingers touching their feet and they hold them there. Two nights ago it was mostly Baby A. Last night it was mostly Baby B. I love it! It's the highlight of my day and week when I get to feel my boys moving!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your boys move so often! My little girl moves pretty frequently (for only being one baby), and I savor every one of her movements. I feel so connected to her when she moves, especially because I keep my hand on my stomach as much as possible when she's moving.

    I'm so sorry to hear that you ended up with PUPPS. My sister-in-law had it and she said it was just terrible. I hope that the creams will help keep the discomfort at bay (as much as possible) until delivery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Megan! That's awesome to hear that your little girl is moving a lot! It's the coolest thing in the world to feel them move. Especially as the mother. I get a little envy of Monica at times because she can feel movement when I can't. It's one of the greatest miracles ever!

      I've been meaning to tell Monica about your comment so she could reply, but her pupps is doing a lot better. We found out by researching that it has to do with toxins building up in your liver. Vitamins A and E are supposed to be good at cleaning out your liver. Too much vitamin A is bad for the baby though. She's been drinking V8 juice every day and it has cleared up a lot! It's mostly just on her feet now. She's pretty much stopped using the cream and benadryl. She's doing much better! Other than the pupps everything is great!

      Delete